The Management of St. Elizabeth General Hospital Shisong is pleased to announce to the general public that as a follow-up on their activities of last year on screening and endoscopic surgeries; they have organized screening for prostate diseases from the 8th to the 31st of May, 2017 in Shisong Hospital with the only exceptions being the dates programmed for other localities as scheduled in the table below. This is a bid to continue to create awareness amongst men from the age 40 years and above to know the state of their prostates and other urinary tract related conditions.
To enable this category of people do their screening, the institution has reduced the prices for some essential tests as following:
- Pelvic Ultrasound reduced from 6000frs to 5000frs within the screening period.
- Prostrate specific antigen (PSA) test reduced from 11,600frs to 6,600frs within the screening period.
Those with the following signs and symptoms are encouraged to come for the screening;
- Difficulty starting a urine stream (hesitancy and straining)
- Decreased strength of urine stream (weak flow)
- Dribbling after urination
- Feeling that the bladder is not completely empty
- An urge to urinate soon after urinating
- Pain during urination (dysuria)
Screening has also been organized in other localities as follows:
11th May, 2017 - Dschang (District Hospital)
17th May, 2017 - Foumban (L'hopital de Palais)
18th May, 2017 - Mbouda (District Hospital)
31st May, 2017 - Douala (Padre Pio - Akwa Nord)
1st, 2nd June, 2017 - St. Francis Hospital Ntasen - Bamenda
Remember prevention is better than cure!
Do not miss this wonderful unique opportunity to improve on your health.
Sr. Kinyuy Mary Aldrine Banseka (Director)